Monday, November 05, 2007

Kansas City-Independence School Boundaries

As a graduate of Van Horn High School, class of '75, (boy I feel old) I can tell you why I think you should vote to move Van Horn into the Independence schools. When I went to Van Horn, I felt like a bastard. The Mayor of Independence didn't really give a Rat's A$$ about VH and neither did the Mayor of Kansas City. William Chrisman and Truman, now they were real Independence residents. At Van Horn we were somehow, unclean.

Kansas City has had decades to get its gear stowed and has declined to do so. It is time to let the municipal boundaries dictate where the kids go to school.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. I now live in Overland Park. I finally live in one of the best public school districts in the country, and my step-daughter goes to private school. Go figure.

No comments: